The Louisiana Museum of Modern Art is a private foundation. As a private, state-recognized museum Louisiana is subject to the Museum Act. The museum receives about 15 % of its operating support from the state; the rest is funded by the museum’s own earnings and sponsors. For acquisitions of artworks to the collection, Louisiana depends on private donors and foundations.
MEMBERS OF THE MUSEUM'S BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Lars Henrik Munch, board chairman (chairman)
- Dorte Mandrup-Poulsen, architect MAA (vice-chairman)
- Michael Pram Rasmussen, board chairman
- Minik Thorleif Rosing, professor
- Inge Berneke, consultant
- Anders Byriel, managing director
Poul Erik Tøjner is the executive director of the museum.